For the past couple of years I have attended the rather excellent Investigative Journalism Summer School in London run by the CIJ. It’s on again this year on July 6th to July 8th. Knowing that a large amount of Irish journalists subscribe to this blog I would encourage them (and others!) to attend. The cost if you book before May 4 is just £260 for three full days training – a bargain. The first year I was there, there were three journalists from Ireland, including myself. The second year there were five including myself – perhaps this year we can get it do a dozen?
- 7 Ways the Irish Government is Taking Your Freedom of Information Away | The Speakeasy on Latest Government spin released – a country analysis
- Ireland will exit bailout without backup credit line - Page 23 on Enda Kenny overruled two Ministers to give €35,000 pay rise
- Rabbitte on FOI: “…the information we want you to have – at a price – act” – The Story on The Programme for Government
- Howlin Withdraws Amendment on FOI Fees on Latest Government spin released – a country analysis
- Howlin Withdraws Amendment on FOI Fees on Why amendment to charge for multi-part FOI requests was not last minute