For the past couple of years I have attended the rather excellent Investigative Journalism Summer School in London run by the CIJ. It’s on again this year on July 6th to July 8th. Knowing that a large amount of Irish journalists subscribe to this blog I would encourage them (and others!) to attend. The cost if you book before May 4 is just £260 for three full days training – a bargain. The first year I was there, there were three journalists from Ireland, including myself. The second year there were five including myself – perhaps this year we can get it do a dozen?
- Peter Jones on Frank Flannery companies
- Oireachtas expenses – The Story on TD and Senate expenses 1998 – 2008
- Martin Cullen’s ministerial expenses – The Story on Minister Martin Cullen goes to London
- Disillusioned on Merrill Lynch advice to Department of Finance
- Harry McGee on political lobbyists and lobbying – The Story on Donation to TDs, 1997 – 2008