Following some recent comments we now have to implement a new comments policy. This will mean that all comments are held in moderation before they are published. One user in particular has argued that leaving comments on whatever post he likes about whatever subject he likes is his right as a human being, in order for him to tell “the truth”. Unfortunately, one man’s truth is another man’s lawsuit. Comments are entirely at our discretion.
Neither do we tolerate trolling or worse, sock puppetry. Which is especially strange when the same user has been complimenting himself on his own sense of humour via other names, but under the same IP address. I would suggest that he start his own blog, given this fact.
Dan Drezner school of commenting:
1) Every e-mail sent about the blog and every comment posted on the blog is read.
2) We won’t necessarily reply to every e-mail message or respond to every posted query.
3) We’re truly sorry for the non-responses.
4) Unless otherwise indicated, we will not attribute any quote from any email on the blog.
5) When it comes to the comments feature, remember that we control the horizontal and the vertical. Moderation is in operation because of previous abuse of the feature. We will delete comments that we think are personally insulting, completely off-topic from the post, or so incoherent as to pass all understanding. Our space, our rules.
6) When you’re posting your comments, bear in mind that people are watching. Libel rules apply.